Exercising your dog is important. One of the best ways to get exercise – even for yourself – is to take your dog for a walk. Here are a few quick tips for walking your dog.
- Commit. Keep this going. Choose a time and stick with it!
- Choose the right collar and leash. One that fits your dog. And a short and strong leash, NO retractable leashes. (Refer to our blog on retractable leashes for more info)
- Scoop your poop. Bring baggies with you. Be a responsible dog owner.
- Change your route. Keep it interesting for your pooch.
- Enjoy. Make this a great bonding experience for you and your dog.
Easy enough, right? Now get out there and practice.